[Homeroast] noob roaster here

John Nordling john.nordling at gmail.com
Thu May 22 20:37:49 CDT 2014

I use a whirly-pop, hand crank popcorn popper, modified with a hole punched
in the lid to accept a thermometer.

I picked it all up from Sweet Maria's, which is a better place to start
than most.

Right now, I do my roasting on a gas stove in my kitchen.  I've thought of
trying my camping stove in the garage, but the kitchen is so convenient and
with the windows open, not bad smoke wise this time of year.

After several years of roasting this way, I'm finally getting really,
really amazing results.  (The first few years were just great results).
 Now I'm looking at starting the learning curve over with a drum roaster on
a modified gas grill, but that's still kind of a fantasy for now.

Jump in!  You can get going for less than $100 bucks.  It's been one of my
better decisions.

-John

~~
"Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all."   Neutral Milk
Hotel, *In the Aeroplane Over the Sea*

Email:  john.nordling at gmail.com