[Homeroast] Quote American's Best Coffee Unquote

Frank Parth fparth at projectauditors.com
Tue May 27 12:55:55 CDT 2014

Thanks, Seth.

I’ll try it, but probably order just 2 pounds to see if I like it. I can always order more if I do.

Frank

On May 27, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Seth Grandeau <grandeau at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> A few years back, the whole Gesha coffee thing exploded.  There was
> (probably still is) an annual auction.  They were breaking down the coffee
> based on the specific farm lot ("..east of the river at xxx elevation").
> Prices went through the roof.  That year, I think Sweet Marias offered 3
> or 4 different Gesha lots, starting as low as $12 a lb and topping out at
> well over $100 a lb.  I don't think it sold very well.  I remember seeing
> the expensive lot go on sale at 1/2 off.  I tried the less expensive lots
> and I liked it, but not as much as I enjoy a good Ethiopian or Kenyan.  The
> flavors are too subtle for me.  Or my roasting skill is not good enough.
> That was the reason I never purchased the more expensive lots.  I was
> afraid I'd spend all this money, not like it, and assume it had to have
> been my fault.
>
> Keep an eye out.  While I don't think we've seen the craziness as we did
> that year, there usually is a Gesha lot, each year and if you've never
> tried it, you should give it a shot.  It's expensive, but only compared to
> other green coffee prices ($15 to $20).
>

> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Frank Parth <fparth at me.com> wrote:
>

>> Last week the Daily Coffee News reported that the Roaster’s Guild coffee
>> winner was a Gesha from Colombia.
>>

>> http://dailycoffeenews.com/2014/05/20/whats-behind-americas-best-roasted-coffee-a-qa-with-andrew-bowman/
>>
>> I haven’t tried a Gesha yet, but with the discussion a short while ago
>> about how good it was I’m anxiously waiting for SM’s to get some in.
>>
>> Frank Parth

Frank R. Parth, MS, MSSM, MBA, PMP
Project Management Institute Board of Directors 2010-2012

CEO/President - Project Auditors LLC
fparth at projectauditors.com
+1 714 813-8971 (mobile)

Project Auditors LLC
www.projectauditors.com
1 800 545 1340 (North America)
+1 949 452 0578 (International)
+49 089 430 4991 (Europe)
+61 419 511 799 (ASEA region)
+971 (0)50 928 7279 (UAE mobile)

Project Auditors LLC is a
PMI Global Registered Educational Provider