[Homeroast] Aricha > New Website - ARGH - really (dis)like it.

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Sun May 25 16:47:33 CDT 2014

Ya'llz be welcome. To be clear I do NOT know from personal experience how
this Aricha DP actually compares to the legendary '05 IMV since I personally
haven't tasted it yet! That said a huge part of the coffee chain is
relationships, at every stage of the beans Journey. SM/Shrubs/Tom scored the
Aricha 93.6 vs. '05 IMV 91.4 so based on over a dozen years dealing with Tom
didn't want to miss out on this one.

As a roaster, even professional (jeeze coming up on 7 years!), can't always
wait until vetting samples or risk missing the boat. Bean there done that
and missed out on some exceptional lots over the years! While 1200lb worth
certainly ain't chump change for Compass Coffee I went "all in" as it where
on faith because of my Trust in Tom as coffee professional. I can count on
one hand the coffees I've dropped that much on without sampling first. To
get "a bunch of disappointing" coffee as a home roaster is a bummer, as a
business could be catastrophic. But I know with a certainty Tom doesn't over
embellish descriptions and/or inflate numbers.

The real bummer is you guys will taste it before I do because a pallet LTL
Freight takes longer to get than coming Big Brown!

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/