[Homeroast] New Website - ARGH - really (dis)like it.

Michael espressoperson at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:14:35 CDT 2014

First impressions are valuable but only one aspect of a new site. Subjective measures ("I like it", "I don't like it") are important, but objective measures ("Can I find what I'm looking for?", "Can I do it quickly and efficiently?", ... ) are perhaps more important.

The right side of the screen offers the ability to drill down by region, by country, and provides a lot more granularity, e.g. you can even select coffees classified as good for espresso. These features are probably better in theory than practice. I bet most of us would probably like to make our own decisions about selection than allow the software to do it for us.

The drilling down is good but there is no direct way to get back up again. You must use the back button or break into the breadcrumb trail at the top.

The sort by date option is something I always wanted. Too bad it does not seem to be working correctly yet.

Anyway, the main thing that brings us here is the quality of the coffee. That doesn't seem to have changed.

michaelb
espressoperson at gmail.com