[Homeroast] New Website - ARGH - really dislike it.

Marc marc.nh at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:04:57 CDT 2014

I have to agree with Steve Hamm's comments:
1) I'll rarely, if ever, use a mobile device to place an order at Sweet
Maria's
2) I really liked having all the country's beans with full info displayed
on one page.
3) Setting the list to Show All in stock, 30 at a time - isn't the same.

I also noticed that the site didn't work well at all with multiple tabs. I
always open multiple tabs when shopping at SMs, especially to compare
coffees. This new website got very confused, particulary the shopping cart.
I'd add a coffee to my cart from one tab and then add another coffee from
another tab and the cart would only show the first coffee. One coffee I had
to add 3 times before it stayed in the cart. This multiple tab ordering I
use a lot and have never seen these problems.

Scott's comment was half-way right -
"And my guess is it will will especially helpful for new customers and
those using mobile devices."
What he didn't add was:
To the detriment of existing customers using a computer to access the site!

Why does the move to make it easier for new and mobile users almost always
negatively affect the existing and computer users. I've seen this happen
way too many times.

-Marc