[Homeroast] (no subject)

Ed Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Mon May 19 19:46:05 CDT 2014

There is a lot at can be found online about la roya.

It was talked about on the list back in the fall of '11 when the CGQRI was
formed later changed to WCR. I had my major concerns about how broadly the
new org. based at Texas A&M would look at possible remedies. I still
question the course I've seen. At least there doesn't seem to be a rush
towards GMO but F1 is the plan that will eliminate adaptive
breeding/reproduction at the farm/local level. Thus farmers will be
dependent on specific but generalized strains developed far away. There
seems to be a few other small local projects looking at natural remedies
that are hard to get much info on. One using another fungi that attacks
roya fungi but isn't interested in coffee. Others looking at deficiencies
within the plants environmental microbial communities that may be limiting
resistance. In plants the difference between resistance and devastation can
actually be really quite small. As humans we have become quite aware of
this with various communicable diseases. Being how controversial this
subject is I'll leave it at this.

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 11:39 AM, John Nordling <john.nordling at gmail.com>wrote:

> I didn't know about it before your message.
>
> Here's an article that popped up on MPR this morning on the topic -
>

> http://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/05/18/your-coffee-fix-will-cost-more-heres-why?from=hp
>
> John
>
> ~~
> "Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all."   Neutral Milk
> Hotel, *In the Aeroplane Over the Sea*
>
> Email:  john.nordling at gmail.com
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM, gin powell <pchforever at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ???