[Homeroast] unable to place order via SM shopping cart system (OT?)

Len lalpern at centurylink.net
Mon May 19 18:30:46 CDT 2014

Hi All,

Need a bit of help here.

Since November of last year, I have been unable to place an order using SM's shopping cart, which is what I had been doing for many years.
I've had to, as a fallback, use their secure online order form which because it's not "real time" and has inherent delays, results in "out of stock" notifications from SM.

What happens is this: I select my coffees, enter my country, state and zip code in the shipping estimate box and when I hit the "get estimate" button- nothing happens.
I am using Firefox v29.0.1 with windows XP. And the browser IS set to accept cookies and my pop-up blocker is disabled on SM's website. I have spent hours troubleshooting and going through menus and settings, and cannot find the trouble.
Yesterday I had the bright idea of trying IE (read "trainwreck"), which I never ever use, and IE had no such problem. Not exactly a solution. But at least now I know the problem has crept into Firefox somehow.

Do any of you talented and knowledgeable computer people know what I might try?
FWIW, I have JAVA disabled (bad coffee karma?) if that has anything to do with the problem.

TIA,

Len