[Homeroast] Roasting in Saudi Arabia

Leo Holmberg holmbergl at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:01:15 CDT 2014

Frank Parth wrote:

>I’ll be spending a good part of the summer in Riyadh. I’d be interested in
hearing about anything related to coffee in Riyadh.

Good luck Frank. Riyadh is not first on my list of towns to spend summer in.

When I was there last (2009-2010) I had just started roasting in the
States. I wasn't in a position to do that in Riyadh, so for coffee
I was able to find a Caribou Coffee shop, and buy whole roasted beans. I
got quite friendly with the Manager there, who was from Egypt.

I have no idea if that place is still there, but there are lots of coffee
shop places that will sell you whole roasted beans.

The locals like their coffee brewed with cardamom, and served in small
mugs. To me it was an acquired taste, that I never quite acquired.