[Homeroast] building a propane drum roaster

Archeobob archeobob at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 12:56:05 CDT 2014

John,

I picked up an 8lb RK drum & his motor kit about five years ago, just after
Shane took over for Ron. I then got a mid-level 4-burner Grillmaster grill
from Lowes to run it.

I've likely put over 1,300 lb's of green through it and never had a bad
batch that I was not responsible for. e.g., I really dark dark toasted a
couple! (wandering away is not an option)

I routinely do 4 & 5 pound batches in my garage and both the motor and the
drum work like the day I received them.

Big batches are fun, you just need to have a reliable method of cooling
them!

Bob

http://www.rkdrums.com/index.php/en/about-rkdrums-125