[Homeroast] building a propane drum roaster

Michael Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:32:22 CDT 2014

I did this for a while on my Weber with a homemade drum.  Could never control the heat well, and ended up baking a lot of beans.  Others with different gas grills reported much better results that I was never able to duplicate.   Weber grills get very hot but don't seem to have a lot of airflow, and I think I had issues with poor heat transfer for that reason.  I never wanted to modify my grill, since its primary purpose was cooking so I gave up.

--mike