[Homeroast] Brazil DP Familia Campos

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri May 2 07:59:54 CDT 2014

On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 07:52:22AM -0300, silascoelho at silasmcoelho.com wrote:
> I have the same issue with most of Brazilians. I just roasted 1 pound of
> Carmo de Minas (Visit that city several months ago), and took quite a while
> to get the first roast.

Just got a bag of the Fazenda IP Yellow Bourbon in and roasted some
earlier this week.  ½ lb batches in a Behmor, and I've been using P1
mostly for higher grown, washed beans, but P3 has been generally
favored for Sumatrans and many DP.  Compared to a couple different
Sumatrans, this Barzil reached first crack (both by first good loud
one and when it got going) by 40-50 seconds.  The other recent P3 roast
was some Moka Kadir, and the Brazil's times were almost identical to
its.

The odd thing I observed about the Brazil was that I became nearly
certain I was hearing some eager second crack snaps rather earlier than
I would have expected them, but they didn't make a long tail after I
hit cool and the post roast measurement showed just over 14% weight
loss.

Oh well, third day since roast today. :-)

--
The most effective way to get information from usenet is not to ask
a question; it is to post incorrect information.  -- Aahz's Law