[Homeroast] Post-roast blending

Bill Kendall pleiades45 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:35:59 CDT 2014

I've recently blended decafs: 1:1  Ethiopia Shebele-Shakiso SWP Decaf
& Mexico Organic Los Grapos CO2 Decaf. Weird story this, because it was not
my intention to blend.

My wife has to drink decaf. (It's a blood pressure thing with
caffeine...bounces off the wall, stuff like that. I love her too much to
subject her to regular.) The Mexican, as roasted in my Behmor NEVER SHOWS
SIGNS OF 1st CRACK! This is after 350+ roasts with my 1600. So the Mexican
was coming out FC+ / Vienna always, with very thin body and light taste.
The Ethiopian I roast to FC and she's not crazy about it. So I just took
both of what I roasted and mixed them 1:1. (I reasoned it was better than
making mulch out of it.) Used the Clever Dripper pour-over and she claims
it's the best decaf I've produced in 3+ years of roasting. Who Knew? It's a
hit!

So keep it up is what I can offer.