[Homeroast] Post-roast blending

Kirk Janowiak kirk at angelwoodcreative.com
Mon Mar 17 22:55:43 CDT 2014

Paul,
Nothing unusual in your blend. I often think of my blends as constructing a
vocal music score in 3 or 4 parts.
Columbians & Brazilians often make up my "middle" tones. Ethiopians
generally make up my upper tones...tenor to soprano. Since you roasted the
Columbian on the darker side, that makes up your lower and middle "notes"
and the Ethiopian makes up the pleasant upper tones. You have essentially
constructed a 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 blend from lower middle to middle to high
notes.

When you get a chance, try 1/3 Sumatran roasted to Full City or a teeny bit
darker for your "bottom" and add it to 2/3 Ethiopian at City+ For the high
end.
Alternatively, add a City+ to Full City roasted Columbian (or a nice
Central American) at a 1/3 mix for the middle.

Have fun!

Kirk