[Homeroast] Indo profile recommendations

Greg greg at gregrothschild.com
Thu Mar 13 13:43:27 CDT 2014

Hi all,
This talk about light roasted espresso has me wondering about a shorter
finish with Sumatras. I've tried a 3:30 finish up to about 4:45. I
realize the earlier stages play a huge part too though so I would love
to hear any suggestions on how to go about getting better results- more
defined flavors and sweetness. Best results so far came from 4:30 to a
bean temp of about 285F then 5:30 to first crack (around 385F). Drop
temp was 400. That profile yields a very sweet shot with no grassy or
roasty/charry flavors. But I can't help but wonder how much better it
could be.

Greg