[Homeroast] Light roasted espresso

gin powell pchforever at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:53:39 CDT 2014

Hi Greg:

I just posted this to an earlier post about light v. dark.

>>>as a home roaster, a roasting forum administrator, and espresso/cafe
crema lover I believe that any roast you like is what you should use/brew
for your espresso.

it, for me, clearly depends on the bean. what brings out the best or your
wanted flavor from that bean? it could be a lighter roast. I use every bean
I roast as an espresso/cafe crema and I drink great espresso.

whatever "the roast of the moment" is for coffee hustlers/charbucks etc I
simply consider ho hum, who cares.

I drink the best of what coffee is grown worldwide and roast to my taste. I
never roast way into 2nd crack any longer, not necessary to bring up the
best of a bean, in my opinion.<<<

let us know,

ginny