[Homeroast] Homeroast Digest, Vol 74, Issue 4

Vince Barbour vbarbour at one.net
Tue Mar 11 16:18:28 CDT 2014


On 3/11/2014 1:00 PM, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> Send Homeroast mailing list submissions to
> 	homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	homeroast-owner at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Homeroast digest..."
>
>
> Sweet Maria's Home Coffee Roasting "HomeRoast List" Digest
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>     1. Vac Pot snap crackle pop (Dennis True)
>     2. Re: Vac Pot snap crackle pop (Barry Luterman)
>     3. Re: Vac Pot snap crackle pop (Ben Treichel)
>     4. Re: Vac Pot snap crackle pop (Jason Brooks)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:33:45 -0400
> From: Dennis True<dennist3 at gmail.com>
> To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
> 	list,	available at http://www.sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html"
> 	<homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
> Subject: [Homeroast] Vac Pot snap crackle pop
> Message-ID:
> 	<CALGdqYHekG+8qRF3n46XGfB5gg=dgsWVk=s7Ns9Jo27P79TyWQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> ok so my Vac pot which sees 5-7 pots a week off and on for the last 6 years
> was brewing a pot and everything was fine about 1/2 way thru the draw down
> it started popping and snaps etc...     I pulled the top and got the coffee
> I could out and took a look I now have a fat cresent crack on it
>
> I know we got some sciency types here can anyone tell me why this happened?
>    grind was same as last 200 or so takes about 45 sec-1 min for draw down
>   heat was same stove on Med until water was 1/2 up then turned off and the
> remainder coasts up  water is up for 1 min-1.5 min then I move it off of
> heat on to a cloth placemat  just like every day
>
> thoughts?
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 07:51:24 -0700
> From: Barry Luterman<lutermanb at gmail.com>
> To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
> 	list,	available at http://www.sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html"
> 	<homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Vac Pot snap crackle pop
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAJ0qWC6j6hLD9B9orTzfRV+zwqbQV4R-7agdGkgEi0xpesowjg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Structural exhaustion
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Dennis True<dennist3 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>    
>> ok so my Vac pot which sees 5-7 pots a week off and on for the last 6 years
>> was brewing a pot and everything was fine about 1/2 way thru the draw down
>> it started popping and snaps etc...     I pulled the top and got the coffee
>> I could out and took a look I now have a fat cresent crack on it
>>
>> I know we got some sciency types here can anyone tell me why this happened?
>>    grind was same as last 200 or so takes about 45 sec-1 min for draw down
>>   heat was same stove on Med until water was 1/2 up then turned off and the
>> remainder coasts up  water is up for 1 min-1.5 min then I move it off of
>> heat on to a cloth placemat  just like every day
>>
>> thoughts?
>> _______________________________________________
>> Homeroast mailing list
>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>
>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's Forum</a>
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee Library</a>
>>
>>      
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:53:35 -0500
> From: Ben Treichel<J.W.Bullfrog at gmail.com>
> To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
> 	list,	available at http://www.sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html"
> 	<homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Vac Pot snap crackle pop
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAB_jm7CAAXi95OrAyPmWdWHFXgY1-6jbPeW1fMUvBtm02eiXkg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Fatigue Crack aka; Stress from heat cycling..
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Dennis True<dennist3 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>    
>> ok so my Vac pot which sees 5-7 pots a week off and on for the last 6 years
>> was brewing a pot and everything was fine about 1/2 way thru the draw down
>> it started popping and snaps etc...     I pulled the top and got the coffee
>> I could out and took a look I now have a fat cresent crack on it
>>
>> I know we got some sciency types here can anyone tell me why this happened?
>>    grind was same as last 200 or so takes about 45 sec-1 min for draw down
>>   heat was same stove on Med until water was 1/2 up then turned off and the
>> remainder coasts up  water is up for 1 min-1.5 min then I move it off of
>> heat on to a cloth placemat  just like every day
>>
>> thoughts?
>> _______________________________________________
>> Homeroast mailing list
>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>
>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's Forum</a>
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee Library</a>
>>
>>      
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:21:14 -0400
> From: Jason Brooks<brookswv at gmail.com>
> To: "A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
> 	list,	available at http://www.sweetmarias.com/maillistinfo.html"
> 	<homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Vac Pot snap crackle pop
> Message-ID:
> 	<CABw3V96aZUZwY22ZEkrSERsTAQ0x6GZPVX1oHGxjnaL0egYG1Q at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> I'm not necessarily the science type, but any 'stress' on the glass
> recently (eg, bumped)? What kind was it?
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Dennis True<dennist3 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>    
>> ok so my Vac pot which sees 5-7 pots a week off and on for the last 6 years
>> was brewing a pot and everything was fine about 1/2 way thru the draw down
>> it started popping and snaps etc...     I pulled the top and got the coffee
>> I could out and took a look I now have a fat cresent crack on it
>>
>> I know we got some sciency types here can anyone tell me why this happened?
>>    grind was same as last 200 or so takes about 45 sec-1 min for draw down
>>   heat was same stove on Med until water was 1/2 up then turned off and the
>> remainder coasts up  water is up for 1 min-1.5 min then I move it off of
>> heat on to a cloth placemat  just like every day
>>
>> thoughts?
>> _______________________________________________
>> Homeroast mailing list
>> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>>
>> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/">Sweet Maria's Forum</a>
>> <a href="http://www.sweetmarias.com/library">Our new Coffee Library</a>
>>
>>      
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Homeroast mailing list
> Homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
> http://lists.sweetmariascoffee.com/mailman/listinfo/homeroast_lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Homeroast Digest, Vol 74, Issue 4
> ****************************************
>
> vacummu can be very porwerful.  If anything was able to clog the down spout, the steam would still condense and cause a lot of stress.
>    




More information about the Homeroast mailing list