[Homeroast] Vac Pot snap crackle pop

Dennis True dennist3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:33:45 CDT 2014

ok so my Vac pot which sees 5-7 pots a week off and on for the last 6 years
was brewing a pot and everything was fine about 1/2 way thru the draw down
it started popping and snaps etc...     I pulled the top and got the coffee
I could out and took a look I now have a fat cresent crack on it

I know we got some sciency types here can anyone tell me why this happened?
  grind was same as last 200 or so takes about 45 sec-1 min for draw down
 heat was same stove on Med until water was 1/2 up then turned off and the
remainder coasts up  water is up for 1 min-1.5 min then I move it off of
heat on to a cloth placemat  just like every day

thoughts?