[Homeroast] Reflections on Roasting Fundamentals

vegas89014 at cox.net vegas89014 at cox.net
Sat Jun 28 21:36:33 CDT 2014

Hi John sounds to me a simple C to F misunderstanding. I am on my third thermocouple-the one from our host (over 12 years, no complaints-leave it out in the weather a lot) and it has a switch to go C to F. Nice to see us discussing what really matters...
RK Drum 4# capacity but have learned cannot control beyond 1.25 # to yield 1#+. As MiKe says a blower to scrub temp is crucial and in my mind must have an inside the drum temp gauge--can't figure out how to do that with the rotation. Firmly believe no way to control a larger-2+#-load in the RK-without lots of fails.
Bob
---- John Monteleone <johnmonteleone at gmail.com> wrote:

My roasts are not too light.  Perhaps my thermcouple is not reading
properly.  But first crack clearly (audibly) happens at 192 on my digital
thermocouple.  It's a clear, distinct, and consistent first crack.  If you
get first crack at 401f, what temperature is it when you cool typically.

Thanks
John