[Homeroast] Strawberry jam on buttered cinnamon toast

Kevin Lauer kevinlauer26 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 13:58:58 CDT 2014

I agree with Michael- I "upgraded" my hottop from a P to B and installed the K thermocouple. The B model can save 3 profiles and I don't use more than that. I've learned alot by being able to have manual control of variables throughout the roast.

I've also learned alot from this list (especially miKe McK) and thank Sweet Marias and all contributors :)

I'm looking forward to a real upgrade to kilo or 2.5 kilo sized roaster. After I finish my dedicated roasting room in the rear of a new garage- with humidity and temperature controls so I no longer have to roast in exterior basement stairwell.

Two comments on roasting Aricha:
-I did a melange of light roast (1 minute into first crack) with a medium roast (just past end of 1st crack)
-I found it needs a full week of rest to really shine

I got some great buttery/roasted almond base, with some light fruit like pineapple or peach. This is a great, sweet tasting coffee. I'm going to try roasting darker to see if I can get some dark fruits.

Thanks to Tom for such great coffee and starting me down the path!

Kevin

Message: 27