[Homeroast] Aricha roasting

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Thu Jun 26 13:45:24 CDT 2014

 -----Original Message-----
From: Homeroast [mailto:homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com] On
Behalf Of Michael Rasmussen
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:28 AM

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:12:40AM -0700, miKe mcKoffee wrote:
> IMO a popcorn popper modified for independent variable heat and fan
> control plus simple bimetal thermometer bean mass monitoring is a far
> Superior roasting platform than all off the shelf home roasting
> appliances with a few exceptions (like Quest M3).

>> a hottop manual with a bean temp probe would fit the bill I assume.

Absolutely! (As it is stock no, addition of bean mass probe good to go) And
truthfully depending on the operator fairly repeatable consistent results
can be obtained without the thermometer. That said it's far easier and more
dead on consistent to know exactly what bean temp you want to drop heater
power so you don't shoot too fast or stall through 1st.

>> is your aricha still in stock?

Don't know, just cracked open my 2nd of 12 100lb bags :-)

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/