[Homeroast] Aricha roasting

Jason Schmedeman schmedz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 15:00:17 CDT 2014

As an avid but sometimes clueless homeroaster-- are there some best practices and theories out there for how to best develop the roast?

I'm on a HotTop B- and I'm trying a new "profile" where I slowly move thru drying phase and then crank up the heat until just before 1C - then ease off heat / add fan so I finish about 45-60sec after 1C finished. I stay away from 2C- not usually my taste preference.

I use sight, sound, smell, and the display temp on the unit. Perhaps a BT/ET setup would help me but I'm still looking for the theory.

Thanks,
Jason