[Homeroast] Strawberry jam on buttered cinnamon toast or

Michael espressoperson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 19:20:42 CDT 2014

The hottop model b does what you want. But even with the p model that I have (or any old model) you can slow down the time from start of first to end of roast. First thing, as soon as first starts I remove the bean chute cover and leave it off. Next, every time the hottop temperature rises a degree I pull the back filter out for up to 8 seconds at a time, then put it back again. You've got to be careful not to leave it out too long at any one time - you want to slow the temp rise but not cause a stall where temp does not rise at all or falls. With practice I've been able to extend roasts reliably, especially for those more traditional roasts for espresso.