[Homeroast] Strawberry jam on buttered cinnamon toast or

Seth Grandeau grandeau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:20:02 CDT 2014

I just did my first Roast of the Aricha and first crack seemed to go on for
a long time.  I'm using the Behmor, Profile A, 1 lb setting with 325 gr of
greens.  Usually 1st seems to be settling down 60 to 90 seconds after it
starts and I'll hit cool in that range.  This went on for 120 seconds, when
I finally bailed out.  I wasn't sure if i was having 1st run into 2nd.  It
looked like a FC for FC+ roast, which was darker than I intended.  I had my
first cup today, and it was good, but not great.  I'll try it again on
Friday and see if the extra rest helps.  I put in my notes, to next time
stop no later than 90 seconds after 1st starts, regardless of the level of
"cracking".