[Homeroast] A simple request for forum replies

Starfinder Stanley coffee at starf.org
Wed Jun 25 16:58:38 CDT 2014

While the concept of anonymity and privacy is a laudable one, I have a hard
time seeing what real-world detriment comes from letting google or amazon
or netflix aggregate data to target you with
products/services/entertainment/etc that their algorithms think will be of
interest to you.  More of a win-win, IMHO, when the internet is bringing
things to your attention that you actually have interest in, and the
sellers/producers aren't wasting effort on annoying uninterested people
with their products.  Increased efficiency and all that.  Sponsored lunch
-like if SM's gave us coffee samples in return for our opinions and roast
notes. They would get something, we would get something ---where's the
harm?  Yum!

Not that I let facebook install apps or anything like that -that's just
crazy.