[Homeroast] A simple request for forum replies

Mike Davis mldavis2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 24 13:39:11 CDT 2014

At the risk of being a curmudgeon, I like to make a polite request. Many
of us receive the homeroast mailing list in "digest" format once a day
or so.  I enjoy reading the comments and banter that result from the
various topics, suggestions and complaints, but I've nearly worn out my
mouse wheel scrolling down through innumerable redundant replies, each
of which adds to and includes the entire string of previous comments in
the thread.  This is a nuisance on a desktop computer with a big screen
but I can't imagine how time-consuming and frustrating it must be for
those of you on the tiny screen handheld mobile devices who must be
wearing a groove down the center of your Gorilla glass trying to reach
the next salient reply.  On occasion it is helpful to include that
portion of a message to which you are replying if it is not a daily
topic of conversation, but can we please set e-mail readers or browsers
to reply without inclusion of the entire thread?  The subject header
should be sufficient.  Thanks, guys and gals.

Offline now to allow my scroll wheel bearing to cool....

Mike Davis