[Homeroast] Roasting based on crack sounds

Ed Bourgeois edbourgeois at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:14:07 CDT 2014

Claus, When I was modding a behmor I made a fork like tool to remove the
hot drum and then set in a fan based cooler. It worked pretty well. Behmor
has a new board coming out that can replace boards in existing models. It's
supposed to add some more control but don't know much about the details
yet. The behmor imo has pretty nice heat transfer at it's basics. With the
heavy modifications I did to it, results were impressive.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:18 PM, JohnMDodson <j_dodson at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 16, 2014, at 7:58 PM, Claus Thøgersen <thoeglist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes I agree, and I would have stayed with my Hottop if possible. However
> it broke down and it was looked at and concluded that it would be very
> expensive to repair it, so the Behmor was a cheaper alternative.
> > I have ended up roasting more coffee for people converted to good coffee
> than I use myself,  so the 300 g batch is nice since it gives 250 g roasted
> coffee.
> >
> > I have not managed to find a good cooling solution with the Behmore
> other than opening the door, so I have not overcome one of the important
> problems with this roaster.
> >
> > Claus
> >

> > -----Oprindelig meddelelse----- From: miKe mcKoffee
> > Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:31 AM
> > To: 'A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for
> > Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Roasting based on crack sounds
> >
> > Claus, for years I've respected your attitude and not letting a challenge
> > stop you from pursuing something you wanted to do. Kudos. I am curious
> why
> > you went from a HotTop to a Behmor. Batch size? IMO the HotTop a superior
> > roaster as far as roasted end result.
> >
> > Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
> > www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
> > http://www.mckoffee.com/
> >
> > Ultimately the quest for Koffee Nirvana is a solitary path. To know I
> must
> > first not know. And in knowing know I know not. Each Personal
> enlightenment
> > found exploring the many divergent foot steps of Those who have gone
> before.
> >
> > Sweet Maria's List - Searchable Archives http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/

Ed Bourgeois
Amherst MA.