[Homeroast] Roasting based on crack sounds

Claus Thøgersen thoeglist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:20:29 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am totally blind and have been roasting over 10 years, first with a
Hearthware precision, then with a Hottop and now with a Behmore.
I label the bags with coffee in braille so I know what I roast.
I have a scale with a plus minus 1 ram accuracy, and very important and old
braille notetaker with a stop watch and a simple text file where I  have a
log with the name of the coffee, amount I roast, since I use the behmore on
what program I run it. Time to first crack, when first crack ends and when
second crack starts if I roast into that, and when I end the roast.

It would be fantastic with a roaster with an iphone app so we could track
temperature and  other variables, but it is   possible to roast without this
information.

Claus