[Homeroast] Roasting based on crack sounds

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:53:27 CDT 2014

It might also be helpful for her to have a way to know how long the roast
has been going on. I'm thinking of the roasts where there is little or no
first crack. If she knows how long it usually takes to complete a roast,
and the roast time is significantly beyond that, she will know to stop the
roast even though there was minimal or no first crack.

Along the same lines, she would want to be able to quite precisely measure
the amount of beans she is roasting, preferably (I would think) with a
scale, so that roasting times would be about the same.

If she can read with a magnifier, she is fine for knowing what beans she is
roasting. If not, and she does braille, she might want to get help when her
orders of greens arrive so that she can mark each bag with braille.

Brian