[Homeroast] Cherry Pits

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Fri Jun 13 11:18:00 CDT 2014

One way to find out, just do it.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Homeroast [mailto:homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com] On
Behalf Of Jeromey Sims
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 7:56 AM
To: homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
Subject: [Homeroast] Cherry Pits

Hello List,

Has anyone ever tried drying, roasting, and brewing the pits of the cherry
fruit? I've seen all the talk online about cyanide and other toxic
chemicals, but I'm curious if this is even possible or what it would taste
like.

Most posts I've seen are related to roasting in an oven at 350 for use in
drinks / flavorings. I'm curious what might happen if you turn up the heat
to a real number (like roasting coffee).

Thanks for any answers!
Jeromey