[Homeroast] BBQ roasting in a paint can

msmb msmb at suddenlink.net
Mon Jul 7 19:33:09 CDT 2014

Not sure what the content of the tine is... I will check.  Thank you very
much for the suggestions.

Actually. I started all of this because the power surge in my house that
knocked out so many appliances has cost so much that for the moment I did
not even want to spend the $20 for what seems to be the most basic basket
for BBQ roasting.  I am not sure that I trust the predictability of BBQ
roasting, unless you are spending quite a bit more on the roasting chamber,
at which point i would probably buy a Behmor.  And, honestly, I expect that
within a week i will bit the bullet and send my order in to SM's for the
Behmor.  In the meantime, the challenge of putting together my own roaster
for under 10 bucks --not including the wasted test beans-- is kind of fun.