[Homeroast] BBQ roasting in a paint can

Greg Gearheart olawai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:28:14 CDT 2014

I use the 4lb drum from RK (with an average of 2lb in it) and find this is
about right in its estimation.  Most beans (minus the peaberries and the
gigantor ones) are generally reaching first crack around 10-12 minutes and
I stop around 14 or 15 (right before second).  Specific profiles will and
should vary by your preference, getup, bean and season, though.

http://www.rkdrums.com/index.php/en/how-to/roasting-guide/item/i-quick-roast-profiles-for-all-drums