[Homeroast] installing a digital Thermometer in my new HotTop

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Mon Jul 7 19:04:18 CDT 2014

John N, the factory temp probe doesn't get the bean mass temp.

John D. here are a couple of links to get you going.

The low cost, easy to implement, easy to back out way is described here:
  http://www.frcndigital.com/coffee/HowToHottopTemp.html

The Homeroasters.org thread on installing a permanent bean mass temp probe
(with more than one method)

  http://homeroasters.org/php/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2785&rowstart=0

The first method has proven so effective I've not gotten to the more involved ones yet.

My personal page of notes and links:
    http://saunter.us/memewiki/index.php/Coffee#Hottop

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon