[Homeroast] BBQ roasting in a paint can

Greg Gearheart olawai at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:58:36 CDT 2014

FYI, I recommend you do a few "dry runs" with an empty roaster (or maybe
crushed rock pebbles to help scour) before consuming any beans from your
roasting can.  I would be concerned about exposure to chemicals associated
with the can.  I have no evidence that it is harmful but for the price of a
few 20 minutes runs (probably <$5 in propane total?) why bother with
worrying?  I would think that all the volatile stuff would be gone after an
hour or so of burning above 450F...

And what is the content of the metal in the can?  Some tin is toxic.