[Homeroast] Very odd Yirga Cheffe

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Tue Jan 28 22:04:18 CST 2014

Thanks, Jeff,
I’m not saying it’s a bad batch, just that it was a very odd batch. I try to take my roasts just to the edge of 2nd crack. I prefer the more chocolaty flavors instead of the more citrus flavors from the lighter roasts. At that point the difference in the beans is very pronounced.

As you say, it isn’t the best Yirg Sweet Maria’s has sold, but it wasn’t bad, either.

Frank Parth