[Homeroast] Rancilio Silvia repair question

Jack Crippen john.crippen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 09:40:43 CST 2014

Hello Friends,

After almost seven years of use, the solenoid exhaust fitting (see below)
on Miss Silvia was loose and unattached in my trip tray this morning.  Can
I just screw it back in or do I need to do something else?  I was quite
surprised to see it there, and it took me a while to figure out what it was
and what to call it.  I assume that its purpose is to direct the back flush
into the drip tray, instead of just spraying out loosely.  Comments?

Thanks,

John

[image: (R_403) Rancilio 64mm Group Head Solenoid Exhaust Fitting]