[Homeroast] Gene Cafe Parts

sallsup sallsup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:28:38 CST 2014

The part that needs replacing is the "retainer", according to slide #17 on
Eddie's presentation here:
http://southcoastcoffeeroaster.blogspot.com/2008/08/gene-cafe-how-to-disassemble-for.html

My unit's retainer is twisted out of line near the center, and outright
bent near the end.  It's a fairly rigid plastic, so it did not cooperate
with my initial gentle attempts to push it back into position.

Refusing to sell replacement parts for units out of warranty is the type of
thing that, if true, is going to make me stop recommending the Gene Cafe to
friends who want to get into roasting.  The shipping+insurance can easily
exceed the cost of the replacement part.

Time to haul out the HG+DB and relearn that technique.  I'm already going
through withdrawal from The Good Stuff.