[Homeroast] Gene Cafe Parts

Raymond Hays raymond_hays at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 16:40:43 CST 2014

I asked Derek, nice guy by the way, as to why we can't get parts and this is what he said. I plan to e-mail Gene and see if they will change their mind. Changing parts on the Gene is simple and can't buy into their reasoning. Are we really that dumb in the U.S.A.?

Hello Raymond,
I understand your frustration.  We are not allowed to sell internal
parts for the Gene Cafe per instructions from the manufacturer, Genesis
Corporation.  The best contact email for them is sales at genecafe.co.kr
The decision to no longer sell internal parts was made by the
manufacturer because there were many instances of roaster parts being
incorrectly installed by home users.  This lead to many problems within
the US market.  When we took over importing in September, Genesis made
the decision to longer make the parts available for self-install.
Thanks for the input.
Best
Derek