[Homeroast] Broken part on Gene Cafe

Raymond Hays raymond_hays at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 16:28:18 CST 2014

Hello Sharon,

I had that happen to me
about two years and I was able to purchase a replacement from Fresh
Beans also could get a replacement heat unit, but now that Fresh Beans
has been replaced by Batch Coffee, run by  Derek and  we can no longer
get internal parts!  They list replacement parts on their web but not
much and they don't show your part. If you have a broken part you have
to send it in for repair. I need a heating unit, which is simple to
replace and I don't buy their explanation as to why we have to send the
roaster in for repair. I'm looking for a different roaster because I
will not go to the expense or waste time sending in the roaster for
repair.

This is what Derek said about replacemnet parts and who to contact if you are dissatisfied and want to
 lodge a complaint.

Hello Raymond,
I understand your frustration.  We are not allowed to sell internal
parts for the Gene Cafe per instructions from the manufacturer, Genesis
Corporation.  The best contact email for them is sales at genecafe.co.kr
The decision to no longer sell internal parts was made by the
manufacturer because there were many instances of roaster parts being
incorrectly installed by home users.  This lead to many problems within
the US market.  When we took over importing in September, Genesis made
the decision to longer make the parts available for self-install.
With regards to Australia, I'm not sure how or why they sell parts.  Perhaps there is not a repair facility available in AUS, so they make
an accommodation and make the parts available.  Would you mind sending me the link?  I will ask Genesis for an
explanation.
Thanks for the input.
Best
Derek