[Homeroast] Quest

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Fri Jan 10 17:06:27 CST 2014

John,
You were given bad advice.

I’ve had a Quest for about three years and love it. I have it wrapped in insulation and typically roast 250 grams at a time, one after the other. My GeneCafe has been stored in a closet since I got the Quest.

It does take more attention and will happily burn your beans if you get distracted. But you have much more control over the roast, especially if you hook a thermal probe into a computer (my garage laptop in my case) and use Artisan software to map the roast.

Frank Parth