[Homeroast] Two-and-a-half-minute-presses.

Kirk Janowiak kirk at angelwoodcreative.com
Fri Jan 3 18:04:16 CST 2014

Interesting thread. I am wondering about what is happening during the
steeping go the ground coffee. I grind on the medium side of fine; 10-12 on
my Maestro plus for those with a similar grinder. The grind is reaching
medium to fine sand dimensions.

I do a "Not-quite-as-clever-" coffee dropper where I use a Melitta one
other cone and plug the hole with a piee if bamboo skewer or a cork in my
big cone. I pour my water over the grounds, let steep and bloom a bit, then
stir for the last couple of the 3 to 3.5 minutes.
Remove the plug and I get a nice rich cup. This has become my coffee of
choice and seems to be less fuss than a traditional pour over with respect
tp the pouring.

Now, as you others who do a more traditional pour over make the grind more
fine, do you do your pouring any differently, since you are reducing the
time 1/4 or even a 1/3? Do you also stir? Have any of you noticed a
stalling of the drip when you hit the filter's limit of "fineness?"

Kirk