[Homeroast] gene cafe parts

John Aldis jwaldis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:39:06 CST 2014

I have used the Gene Cafe Roast for several years.  I like it very much,
but it is pretty tricky as you have to "stop" the roast and start cooling
LONG before the roast is dark enough; it continues to get darker during the
roast cycle.  I've figured out how to dump the beans into a pan when the
roast is where I want it and then allow them to quickly cool outside of the
canister, but that is not always easy.

One question.  Your note says "Batch coffee posted a note saying as of
February 2014 they can sell parts."  What is "Batch coffee"?  Is there a
web site for that?  My Gene Cafe roaster is making more and more noise and
I suspect I'll be needing a new part or two pretty soon.

Thanks,

John Aldis

John W. Aldis, MD
AAFP, MPH & Tropical Medicine