[Homeroast] best espresso machine

Jeffrey Pawlan jpawlan at pawlan.com
Tue Dec 30 13:10:01 CST 2014

On 12/30/14 10:00, homeroast-request at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com wrote:
> Nuova Simonelli's original Aurelia is the only hx machine that I've ever know that can approach a good DB machine in terms of consistency.

This is what I have here and it has been operating flawlessly for around
10 years.  I modified it myself to do variable brew pressure.  The pump
is still going strong.  We buy pure steam distilled water and refill our
bottles weekly. I put a layer of calcite on the bottom of the one used
for coffee. I use a flojet pump to supply pressure to the plumbed-in
Aurelia. I also use calcite in my water pitcher so that the distilled
water becomes slightly mineralized and delicious. It is far better for
coffee than RO and as long as you filter out the other minerals and
particles from your well water, you won't have a problem.

I can recommend the Nuova Simonelli without any reservation.

Regards,

Jeffrey Pawlan