[Homeroast] Espresso machine shopping

miKe mcKoffee mckona at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 00:20:50 CST 2014

There are a fair number of good machines in the 1500-2500 range. I had the
Quick Mill Vetrano 2B on my counter for bit over a year before recently
upgrading to a Vesuvius for shot pressure profiling capabilities. It's in
your price range. The V2B can run tank or plumbed, quiet long life rotary
pump, ease of shot temperature management PID brew boiler, dual boiler, 15A
or 20A mode which allows very good steaming while pulling shot performance
since both boiler heaters can be on same time, good fit and finish, door
that flips open in back so don't have to remove top to fill tank, good sized
drip tray which can also be plumbed, and like 'em or hate 'em barista lights
that can be turned off anyway. (I loved the bling and great kitchen night
light!) Prior to the V2B I had the Vibiemme Double Domobar for a year. Good
DB machine too but when the V2B came out it had some features like 20A mode
and a couple others I preferred over the Double Domo so made the lateral
move. Prior to that Fiorenzato Bricoletta HX. IMO best HX in it's class but
got tired of temp' surfing every shot after 7 years. (it still going strong
on one of my barista's kitchen counter)

I'd also suggest you ask your question on home-barista.com if you want a
much broader range of answers from many experienced home baristi.

Slave to the Bean miKe mcKoffee
www.CompassCoffeeRoasting.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/