[Homeroast] Nice little new grinder

Frank Parth fparth at me.com
Sat Dec 27 07:11:37 CST 2014

I just ordered a new Hario hand grinder and am taking it to the Middle East with me this trip along with a small stainless press pot. As long as I have a way to heat water I can make decent coffee. Over there, even the high-end hotels offer freeze-dried instant in the rooms.

I had a Hario before and it worked fine until the ceramic burrs broke in the middle of a trip. For the small amount of coffee I put through it stainless steel burrs would last a lot longer without breaking. I think the ceramic burrs are more of a marketing gimmick than anything useful.

Love the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne. It’s a damn good thing there’s nothing close to home in southern California like it. I’d be there all the time. At least one shop sells both roasted and green beans.

Frank