[Homeroast] Nice little new grinder

Howard B howardbandy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 19:22:38 CST 2014

Hi Steven --

Thanks for the suggestion.  When we traveled to Australia earlier this
year, we took an AeroPress and a Porlex grinder (similar to the GSI).  Both
worked out well:
http://www.amazon.com/Porlex-JP-30-Stainless-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B0002JZCF2/ref=pd_sbs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=10WZCJK7BA0EWGR8VNKQ
http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors-79486-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00HQLL7VM
http://www.amazon.com/Aeropress-Coffee-and-Espresso-Maker/dp/B0047BIWSK/ref=pd_sim_k_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=09T5730FATRHV7FBNRPF

We rented an apartment for our two week stay, and shopped for freshly
roasted beans in the many high quality coffee shops in Melbourne, as well
as the Queen Victoria Market.  Everything worked out very well.
http://www.qvm.com.au/

Knowing we would be without a scale, we calibrated a dry measure scoop to
the amount of beans needed for an AeroPress cup before we left home.

It turned out that the apartment we rented had a press pot as a kitchen
appliance.  We stayed in "About Melbourne Apartments", and recommend them,
but there are many alternatives:
http://www.aboutmelbourne.com.au/

Best,
Howard