[Homeroast] Coffee in Grand Rapids MI, was Sonofresco 2lb. Coffee Bean Roaster

Tim TenClay teejtc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 09:23:13 CST 2014

Not to butt in, but... MadCap (98 Monroe Center NW) in Grand Rapids is
pretty good.  They tend to be a bit on the bright side for my taste, but
good...

Grace and peace,
  `tim

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Brian Kamnetz <bkamnetz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I am on my annual Christmas visit to Grand Rapids, arriving with a
> dry-processed Ethiopian and a Brazilian that I roasted at home before
> leaving. One of my sister's friends is looking for a good source of roasted
> coffee in Grand Rapids. Do you have any suggestions?
>
> Also, it seems like several years ago you spoke about an arts setting (I
> can't remember if it was opera, or paintings, or what) in Grand Rapids that
> had good coffee. I searched my google mail but couldn't find it. Can you
> remind me of what that was, if it still exists?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Brian Kamnetz <bkamnetz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi John,
> >
> > On another forum a person posted a link to a Craigs List listing for a
> > Sonofresco 2lb. Coffee Bean Roaster, in Wyoming MI. It is unlikely
> > that you are interested, but just in case you or someone you know
> > might be I thought I'd send it your way.
> >
> > http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bfs/3022054545.html
> >
> > Yours,
> >
> > Brian
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 8:39 PM, John A C Despres <johndespres at gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > > The Gene Cafe heater is either on or off, hence the five degree
> > > fluctuations. It switches on or off depending on what your setting is
> > > calling for.
> > >
> > > There's another Gene Cafe roaster her in Grand Rapids who has wired his
> > > variac directly to his heating element and it seems to work fine for
> him.
> > > And his coffee tastes just fine.
> > >
> > > As to profiles, play around, make small changes, keep notes, taste and
> > make
> > > more notes.
> > >
> > > John

Rev. Dr. Tim TenClay
"Only a religion which is a way of living in every sphere either deserves
to or can hope to survive." (MacIntyre)
--
This message may contain information which is privileged or confidential;
if you are not the intended recipient, please delete immediately.  Do not