[Homeroast] Hot/Iced coffee was Cold Vacuum Extraction

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:00:02 CST 2014

To a non-chemist and non-physicist, it intuitively makes sense that there
would be an overlap between the most aromatic agents and volatile agents.
Similarly, I've always assumed that one thing that makes freshly-roasted
coffee so different from the same batch a few hours or a few days later is
that the most volatile agents and the delicate flavors I notice immediately
post-roast have a lot of overlap, and therefore those flavors are the first
to (in technical terms) go poof. As I say, of course, these are all
hypotheses based primarily on nothing.

Brian