[Homeroast] Sweet Maria's New Coffee Alert: Six New Ones!

Byron - Sweet Maria's Coffee byron at sweetmarias.com
Fri Aug 29 19:40:59 CDT 2014

Here's six great new coffees just in time for the long weekend. We hope
you, your friends and family have a fun and safe Labor Day. Enjoy!

Colombia Huila El Templo de Palestina
<http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/south-america/colombia/colombia-huila-el-templo-de-palestina.html>
is a versatile coffee, with white grape and apple, moving toward fruited
chocolate and citrus rind at darker roast levels. Our next full container
of Colombia coffee arrives in late September.

Guatemala Proyecto Xinabajul - Edwin Castillo
<http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/central-america/guatemala/guatemala-proyecto-xinabajul-edwin-castillo.html>
is an absolute stunner of a Guatemala coffee and another from our "Proyecto
Xinabajul", where we pay small farmers a higher premium for their best
coffees. Berry notes, Dutch cocoa, juicy fruits and malic to tartaric
acidity, it's what we look for in a micro lot coffee, and worth every bit
extra we paid for it!

Guatemala Huehuetenango Cuilco
<http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/central-america/guatemala/guatemala-huehuetenango-cuilco.html>
is a great example of how smooth and balanced Guatemalan coffees can be -
dark sugars, roasted nut, body, and well-integrated acidity.

Ethiopia Kaffa - Michiti Cooperative
<http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/africa-and-arabia/ethiopia/ethiopia-kaffa-michiti-coop.html>
is a Western Ethiopia coffee that boasts juicy body, and fruited notes that
accentuate that aspect. Expect lots of stone fruit flavors as well as a
floral element that adds complexity.

Kenya Kirinyaga Kamwangi AB
<http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/africa-and-arabia/kenya/kenya-kirinyaga-kamwangi-ab.html>
has a multitude of citrus flavors and acidity, which is practically
sparkling. It's a clean brewed cup, and one that I'd consider "classic"
Kenya cup profile.

Kenya Nyeri Tegu Peaberry
<http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/coffee-list/africa-and-arabia/kenya/kenya-nyeri-tegu-peaberry.html>
is a small bean coffee (these suckers can take quite a bit of heat!), with
a cream caramel sweetness, orange marmalade, and herb tea. We found the
'sweet spot' at City+, and being so dense, it benefits a lot from a couple
days rest.

--
*Byron Dote*

Sweet Maria's Coffee Inc.