[Homeroast] Behmore 1600 Plus - SR 500 - Gene Cafe

John and Emma jehorchik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:43:14 CDT 2014

I've had my 1600 for about 5 years and it has been great. Unlike a lot of
people I always roast 1# batches. I can get to FC and even FC+ if taken the
full length of time. Only once did I have a fire. I prefer my roasts between
City+ and FC. I typically use P2. Unlike others, to my surprise, I have
never walked away from the roaster. How else can I hear the cracks?

IMHO this may not be the best roaster but is the best roaster for the price
that can do 1# batches. When I went from a Poppery II to the Behmor I also
considered the Gene Café very strongly. I settled on the Behmor because it
is able to do 1# batches and has less smoke. I'm only able to roast once a
week or once every other week and go through a lb of coffee in a week so
this is what was important to me.

I hope to one day upgrade to the Quest but I don't see the finances being
available anytime soon.

John H.