[Homeroast] Behmore 1600 Plus - SR 500 - Gene Cafe

John Monteleone johnmonteleone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 12:26:10 CDT 2014

I went from the SR 500 to the Behmor.  I loved the behmor for a couple of
years.  Great work horse and I roasted much better coffee than with the SR
500.   I roasted 1/2 pound batches and never had an issue with roast time.
  I eventually wanted to learn more about the roasting process and be able
to control the roasting environment.  I eventually went for it and bought
the Quest M3.  I love it.  But there is a lot more to think about when you
roast.  I thought about the Gene as well, but in the end I wanted the
machine that had the most roasting options.  That being said, the Quest is
about twice the price.  Good luck and enjoy.  There are no wrong choices.
 Just steps along the way.